We are looking forward to a totally Awesome December
this year at the Crossing!
Thursday, December 12th / Friday December 13th
Comedy Show and Dinner
On Thursday, December 12th and Friday the 13th we will be holding our annual Christmas Dinner with special guest Comedian and Ventriloquist David Pendleton. Come enjoy an Awesome night of food, friends and laughter!
Registration is now full for both Thursday and Friday nights!
- 5:00pm - The Cafe will be open. Free apple cider. Limited beverages will be available for a fee. Christmas carols will be playing.
- 6:00pm - Christmas Carols to be sung by one and all!
- 6:30pm- Doors open to the worship center - find a seat!
- 7:00pm - Dinner begins.
- 7:45pm - Nursery opens for children ages 4 and under
- Approximately 8:00pm - The show begins!
- Side Dishes: Church Families are asked to bring a 1/2 size steam table pan (8"x10") with either a salad, starch or veggie. Pans are still available for pick-up in the office.
- Need directions?
Tuesday, December 24th
Christmas Eve Services
Then on Tuesday, December 24th, you can join us at 2, 4, or 6pm for our Christmas Eve service. Don't miss this wonderful time in the life of our church where we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior.
This will be an Awesome time you won't want to miss!
Childcare ages 4 and under provided.
New Year's Eve Party
And why not close out the year in a completely Awesome way as well? On December 31st from 9pm to 1am we will be holding a New Year's Eve party in our newly renovated café and lounge. We will bring the New Year in with lively music, food from around the world and new and old friends. 18 Years of age and older.
Invite, bring and share with all your friends and family members. This is going to be Awesome! Cost is $20.
ON-LINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. YOU CAN STILL PAY AT THE DOOR.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Party
- Who is invited? The "Around the World" New Year's Eve party is an adult only party meant for those ages 18 and older. As long as you are 18 or older, you’re welcome to join us. We will not be providing any form of childcare on this night.
- What will the night entail? The three major components to this night will be FOOD, MUSIC and PEOPLE. FOOD - We have chosen the "Around the World" theme as a way to celebrate the various cultures around the world and God's love for all people. We will have delicious food for you to enjoy from a variety of countries around the globe. MUSIC - We have hired the very best in Christian DJ services to make this evening one to enjoy. Lion and Lamb productions (http://lionandlamb.biz/) has been bringing quality, fun Christian music and entertainment to the Tri-State area for over 20 years. DJ Marvin will be playing a selection of music from around the world, as well as leading us in games, spiritual moments and celebration of this New Year. Part way through the night we will have an encouraging message from one of our pastors to set your mind and heart on God's truth and the real reason we have to celebrate. PEOPLE - Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to mix and mingle with your friends in an environment that is smoke, drug and alcohol free, but filled with the Holy Spirit's love and joy.
- What do I need to bring? Just bring yourself, your friends, your neighbors, your family members, co-workers, Uncle Bob and Aunt Sally. Please leave the dog at home! We’ll take care of the rest – including some great party favors!
- Where will this all take place? The Crossing is located at 1895 Wrightstown Road, Washington Crossing, PA 18977. The party will take place in our new café and lounge. Our desire is to make the most use of this space for our church and community. The ambiance will be full of life, comfortable and pleasing to the eyes and heart. Come enjoy yourself! Need directions?
- When will the party take place? Doors will open on December 31st at 9pm and the party will end at 1am.
- Why is the church holding a New Year's Eve Party? - The "Around the World" New Year's Eve party is meant to be a FUN time in which people from our congregation and community and enjoy good food, music, conversation and laughter together. People don't often associate church and fun together and so having a party at church may sound weird, lame or even heretical. But step back for a moment and think about Jesus. Where was his first miracle? It was at a wedding reception where he turned water into wine. Jesus was not afraid of being social or with hanging out around those who were seen as unreligious and even unworthy of God's acceptance and love. Let's be honest, God created fun, joy, laughter and good times. The devil is only counterfeiting them! So why are we coming together on New Year's Eve - to have fun! to enjoy one another's company! to eat some delicious food! to enjoy some lively music and maybe even some dancing (gasp!). The "Around the World" New Year's Party is meant to be a fun time in a safe environment where everyone who comes is accepted, loved and cared for and where new relationships are created and existing relationships flourish.
- How would you best summarize what this event will be like? The best image for this event is probably a wedding reception (without the wedding). It is a time to celebrate, engage in good conversation, have fun and be yourself. The night will be what you make of it. Come out to have fun and enjoy yourself!
- How should I dress? We want to make this a special event and there is something about dressing your best that makes you feel special. You can define "dress up" as you'd like. For the men, ties are not mandatory, but they are welcomed. You may choose to wear some slacks and a button up shirt, a jacket is optional. For ladies, you can wear a nice dress, business suit or even something more formal. It's totally up to you. Again, this is more about dressing your best and in a way that you feel great inside and out. We just ask that you avoid wearing shorts, jeans or sneakers.
- Will there be any alcohol served? No, we will not be serving any alcohol and do not permit alcohol on our premises. We desire to make this event a safe environment especially for those who struggle with alcohol addiction. We promise that no alcohol does not mean no fun. This party will be a great time for everyone!
More awesome events in December!
New Cafe Opening!
Sip on a delicious warm drink and enjoy some tasty morsels as you fellowship in our new café! Cathy Tonking will open the café early December. Don't miss the awesome opportunities to meet new people, fellowship with old friends, discuss the teaching or class you went to....
My Brother's Keeper
My Brother's Keeper is a ministry of the Crossing's New Beginning's small group to supply food, clothing, baby supplies and other essentials to those in need. Each year the group organizes two major outreaches to collect donations from the congregation and then distribute them to local Christian agencies. To learn more about this ministry or to volunteer your time to serve, please contact Joe Roche, .
This December we'll be collecting FOOD - non-perishable food items for distribution in Philadelphia through Cast Your Cares ministries, NEW SOCKS - for distribution in Trenton through the Trenton Rescue MIssion, and KIDS SNACKS AND NEW TOYS for ages 6-18, to be distributed in Trenton through Urban Promise of Trenton. Collection dates are Dec. 7-22. See our list of specific items needed.
www.awesomedecember.com - Awesome December is a ministry of the Washington Crossing United Methodist Church, better known as "The Crossing", located at 1895 Wrightstown Road, Washington Crossing, PA 18977. Find directions to our facility. For more event details or questions, you can email or call the church office at 215-493-5080. We are looking forward to an Awesome December!